Friday, December 1, 2017

Day 1

Semi-success. The one thing I did accomplish was to NOT put an overflowing tablespoon of sugar in my made-at-home iced coffee. I did use the DD creamer, however, and am fully aware that there is both milk and sugar in it. Baby steps, folks. One less ginormous tablespoon of sugar is better than habitually putting the extra sugar in the iced coffee.

I had a cutie orange on my way to the laundromat. I brought some Korean BBQ beef jerky for a snack, and woefully read the label and saw that it had regular and brown sugar in it. So, fail. At home I whipped up some shrimp with riced cauliflower, so that was a decent meal. Dinner was steak, asparagus and avocado. But I did nosh on my canyon cut potato chips (cooked in avocado oil, so that = healthy. Sort of. Better than the other oils.), so maybe I was craving some carbs.

I don't plan on being obsessive about my food. I stopped using MyFitnessPal because the calorie counting was becoming unhealthy. My goal is to make better food choices, to avoid processed foods, and to educate myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment